The small Rifki could be handed over to his mother on the night of Sunday to Monday in Rennes (Ille-et-Vilaine). Her alleged abductor was transferred to Rennes and placed in custody, the prosecutor said Monday in a statement. Began Sunday night, police custody of the suspect, “the chief of kidnapping and false imprisonment minor than 15 years, crime punished by thirty years’ imprisonment (…) will be extended this afternoon for a period of 24 hours” adds the floor.
The man was arrested in a TGV, where he was with the child. It’s a traveler’s TGV Paris-Bordeaux who warned the police of the presence on board of the child and her alleged abductor. “A lady sitting in front of them recognized them,” said the magistrate. She gave the alert to Saint-Pierre-des-Corps (Tours TGV station)
“The individual was on board the TGV 8411 Paris Montparnasse- Bordeaux. We have been led to intervene: when the TGV came to Libourne, the doors were locked so no one can get out of the train, “said a spokesman previously SNCF AFP. “The controllers have been warned to facilitate the work of police. The individual was arrested by car 18 to 2:26 p.m., the child was with him, “he said, adding:” The important thing for us is that this affair ends well “
<. p> VIDEO. The prosecutor in Rennes: “A lady found them on the train”
“The child is apparently healthy, he will be examined by doctors” said Sunday the prosecutor in Rennes. “It’s a huge relief,” he added. Before being returned to his parents, the child was taken to the Centre for victims (CAUVA) of Bordeaux and is examined by the medical-legal unit.
Rifki, of Comorian origin, was abducted Saturday around 14 hours, Town Hall Square in Rennes by Ahmed, a man of 25 years. The Interior Ministry had launched this Sunday at dawn a kidnapping alert, the 16th since the adoption of this system in France. All these warnings have so far been successful. By mid-morning the prosecutor had requested an extension of three additional hours of broadcasting the alert.
As soon as the child found, the Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve on Twitter expressed his “relief” and commended “the gendarmes who arrested” the kidnapper. The National Police, meanwhile, thanked users who retweeted the abduction alert message that led to the arrest of the abductor. The alert for Rifki launched Sunday morning at 7 am, was the 16th according to a statement from the Ministry of the Interior, since the adoption in France in 2006 of the device, until 100% effective.
& gt; Come discuss and ask questions on our forums!