A man tried to put out the fire in the night of Saturday 5 to Sunday 6 November at the accommodation centre for the HOMELESS in the upscale 16th arrondissement of Paris, inaugurated the day before and challenged by a party of local residents. This is unfortunately not the first attack against this project.
Series of fires
The center, which welcomes, for the moment, a crowd of about fifty people, including many children, had already been the target of a fire to start, without a doubt voluntary, on the 17th of October, three weeks before its opening.
“I am extremely angry,” responded the minister of Housing Emmanuelle Cosse on Sunday.
“This centre is open, it is home to several families, including babies, and there are people who have thought about possible attacks on their life,” she insurgent.
The minister clarified that the monitoring of the premises was enhanced. “Around 22 hours on Saturday evening, a man attempted to throw a contraption of incendiary but he has not thrown it hard enough, not doing damage, or injuries. This individual fled,” said the source close to the file, confirming information of BFMTV. The investigation was entrusted to the commissariat of the 16th district.
“It was controlled quickly, the police does its job”, said to AFP, Eric, Bend, director-general of the association Aurore, who manages the center.
“We want to just be able to work quietly and we take care of the fifty people already present in the centre.”
During the first attempt of a fire, the extent of the damage was very limited (a part of the facade and a pane had been blacked out). The relief had returned to the flammable liquid on-site. Anne Hidalgo, who took on the project of the centre, he had condemned with the greatest firmness” this “attempted arson” and announced that the hall would be a civil party. The parquet de Paris opened an investigation for “malicious damage by fire” and the association Aurore had strengthened surveillance of the premises.
40.000 signatures for a petition
Composed of a series of modules in wood, the center, of 196 meters long and 8 meters wide, is installed in the Allée des Fortifications, in close proximity to the bois de Boulogne and a few hundred meters of stone buildings in the area.
the project of The centre, which is already the 27 adults and 24 children, and must cover term for 200 people, had caused an outcry in the very chic district of Western paris.
In march, more than 40,000 residents had signed a petition, fearing a “new Sangatte” – a reference to the former centre for migrants of Calais. An information meeting was transferred to the rat race.
“there are 118.000 public places of emergency shelter open every night in France, of which 92,000 toö in the Ile-de-France. It was fortunately very rarely criminal acts”, said the minister of Housing, adding :
“It is out of the question to give in to this kind of attempt.”
“Slut ! Brush poop
“It’s going to be the area, become disgusting all around, people are going to do rob”, “too dangerous”, “it will devalue the homes around”, “this is a political stunt, Anne Hidalgo”… Interrogated for months on this project of shelter for the HOMELESS, many residents of the very chic 16th district no longer mince words.
In proof of this story, directed by “Obs”, in march 2016 :
last march, the presentation at the Paris Dauphine university for the project had downright turned into a shouting match, expertly looked after by the mayor of the 16th arrondissement :
“We put in front of the accomplished fact is a diktat !”
the architect of The accommodation centre, William Hannoun had then been treated of “liar”, and Sophie Brocas, secretary general of the prefecture of the Ile-de-France, called “slut” and “brush poo”, as shown by this story of the Petit journal.
“Here, this is like a paradise”
Despite the incredible opposition of a part of the residents, 16 families on the street that have been able to install this week in the accommodation centre the live like a new beginning :
“Before, it was horrible… Here, it is like a paradise,” as well Ferima Coulibaly, 24 years, Saturday, while his daughters played with the application in a game room on the premises. On a piece of paper, a rooftop arc-en-ciel ends to be colored. Just below, you can read “mesons”.
Ferima Coulibaly arrived with her husband and their children on Wednesday, among the first occupants.
They are installed in a room of 19 m2 with : a bed for parents and a bunk bed for the girls, separated by a bathroom. “I’m relieved”, said the young woman.
“Here, we eat our fill and everyone is nice. It is beautiful and it is quiet.”
that was before a man tries to set fire to the reception centre in the night…