Maurico Garcia-Pereira denounced the slaughter of cows that bear calves, a practice that is legal but controversial. – Association L214

new images shocks shot in the slaughterhouse of Limoges, in may, August and end of September 2016 were unveiled on Thursday morning by The World. Mauricio Garcia Pereira, a man of 47 years used in this slaughterhouse, filmed, with the help of the association L214, the slaughter of pregnant cows, and the death of the foetus more or less advanced torn from their bellies, a practice that is legal but very controversial. In the slaughterhouse of Limoges, dozens of fetuses are discarded in the trash each week. He is the first whistleblower to testify with their faces uncovered.

How did you come to work in the slaughterhouse of Limoges ?

Before I worked in restaurants as a server but because of the staggered hours, I couldn’t see my kids grow up. I struggled to find another job, until my temping agency directs me to the slaughterhouse. I didn’t really have a choice. I did a six-month interim six months fixed term contract, and then I was hired on permanent contracts, six years ago.

>> also read : VIDEO. Animal abuse: new images shock of fetus of cow thrown in the garbage

did You know that cows bearing calves were slaughtered before working there ?

No, I didn’t know you killed them… The first time I saw it, I thought it was a mistake. I have been sought my superior, who asked me what was wrong. I answered : you don’t see that there was a calf ! He told me that it was normal, the calf was placed in a tray and the placenta in another. Me, I was shocked.

We imagine that it was very difficult for you to take down these beasts…

of Course, it is very hard. I was talking to the fetus, I told them that I was going to the revenge and all the world would know what they were doing. You know, I grew up in a farm in Spain and we raised cows and pigs. For me, life is sacred. And these small fetuses, we put them in the garbage just for the money : it’s not as if there was a health issue that requires it to do so !

>> also read : VIDEO. Gummy candy: The association L214 goes up the chain of manufacture

What was the trigger that led you to denounce this practice ?

I wanted to do this since 2013, but I didn’t have the means… The association L213 that I have contacted has supported me and provided me with a camera. I started to show videos to my son of 15 years who said to me : “This is horrible, dad you have to do something “. Today I am relieved to have it done and I know that many of my colleagues will support me. See it every day, at any given time, you can not.

Are you a vegetarian ?

No, I’m a carnivore, I love steak, but we’re talking about fetuses that are thrown down with the shit in the trash. Of the time, it is only a few days or even a few hours before they are born.

>> also read : animal Suffering: meps propose a cctv mandatory in abattoirs

You’re going to lose your job ?

anyway, I don’t want to work there. I’m tired of this job, but I have a lot of respect for my colleagues who are hard working. No day is easy there. I’m off work, physically, I’ve suffered from it, and morally I am torn down.

This is the beginning of a militant action to you ?

Yes, it was the first big battle but the war is not over. We will ask the association L214, the prohibition of the slaughter of pregnant cows at the european level. I’m going to continue until the end, I am determined.

key Words :