Trapped in an “ambush”, two men of twenty years were killed in Sunday morning Kalashnikov in Marseille, a procedure of settlement accounts, bringing to eighteen the number of dead dead this year in the Bouches-du-Rhône.
the two men, whose identity was not released, drove two cars following, when, about 10:15, they were blocked by a third car, instead Brossolette in the 4th arrondissement of Marseille, close to the Park and the Palais Longchamp.
“Two vehicles, a Twingo, each occupied by a passenger followed when they were blocked by a third vehicle which came out four men armed with Kalashnikovs. one of the drivers of the two cars stuck in this trap is out of the car and was shot as he ran away, the second was shot in the vehicle, “AFP Deputy prosecutor André Ribes.
” people have not yet been identified, so we do not know if it’s related to a traffic but given the procedure we are in the register of accounts procedure, the terrorist track is excluded, “he told AFP another source to the prosecutor, adding that there were no injuries.
the attackers fled in their vehicle and a car was found burned in the 14th district in the north of Marseilles, “without a link can be undeniably” with the shooting, said Mr. Ribes.
This double homicide brings to 18 the number of people killed by gunfire in the department of Bouches-du-Rhône from the beginning of the year – the vast majority in Marseille – against 13 in 2015 same time of year, most in the context of settling of scores linked to drug trafficking.
“Eight settling avoided”
“There are quite a stable trend in the number of facts” identified in relation to the last year, and “a significant decline in settling since 2012,” said police Commissioner Lawrence Nunez.
he said 15 cases of this type have taken place this year against 16 l last year in August.
in the Bouches-du-Rhône, 22 settling of scores were counted in 2013, 26 in 2014 and 21 in 2015, killing 17 people in 2013 18 in 2014 and 19 in 2015.
“the police has developed a preventive method in which calls the authors and alleged victims, which avoided settling of eight since the beginning of year and elucidate five, “said the chief of police.
” what happened this morning only strengthens our resolve to continue our efforts in this sense, ” the prefect added, noting that drug trafficking networks takedowns as well as cannabis, cocaine and weapons were up from 2015.
“After two deaths in the 4th arrondissement of Marseille I reaffirm the need to eradicate cannabis trafficking by legalizing, “responded the deputy PS patrick mennucci in a tweet.
the final reckoning in Marseille took place June 25 when two men twenties were shot at the Kalashnikov in the Consolat city, in the northern districts of the city, in an episode of a clan war on drug trafficking bottom. A 14 year old girl who was near the scene of the shooting, was seriously injured.
On June 15, a 23 year old man was shot in the city of Corot Park in the north of the city, as was held at the Velodrome France-Albania meeting spot for the Euro 2016 football.