Sunday, August 28, 2016

Burkini: despite the decision of the State Council, mayors resist – L’Obs

Marseille (AFP) – Despite the suspension by the State Council of the arrested anti-Burkini of Villeneuve-Loubet (Alpes-Maritimes), towns Nice head, resist, exposing themselves to new use .

the State Council has put a halt Friday prohibitions outfits “not respecting secularism” on public beaches taken by thirty coastal towns, calling for “respect the freedoms guaranteed by the law. “

the first concerned Lionnel Luca, deputy mayor of Villeneuve-Loubet LR, announced that it would comply with the decision of the Supreme administrative court. “I will apply of course, the decision of the State Council, whatever one may think,” responded Mr. Luca, while expressing support a law on this issue, like many elected right and extreme right

However, many mayors. – notably those of Nice, Menton, Frejus, Mandelieu-la-Napoule, or Sisco in Haute-Corse, in Leucate (Aude) or Touquet (Pas-de-Calais) – have indicated that their arrest remained in force

a symbolic statement since they have a limited period of application in late August, mid-September. as appropriate, and verbalizations were rare.

“All these orders, if maintained, will be attacked,” warned Saturday me Patrice Spinosi, counsel for the League of human rights Man who had seized the Council of State. “LDH has already planned to request the withdrawal of these orders” that “does not comply with fundamental freedoms”

-. “Controversy that has more reason to be” –

“I have difficulty understanding how politicians continue to argue about a controversy that has more reason to be,” he added

Prime Minister, Manuel Valls, said that the decision of the State Council “does not exhaust the debate which opened” on the issue. “Remaining silent, as in the past, it’s a small sacrifice. A resignation more,” he said on his Facebook page, when the interior minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, advocated “the appeasement. “

in Nice, the municipality said that women wearing a burkini” continue to be verbalized, “as the order is not disabled.

the FN mayor of Frejus, David Rachline, maintains that its order remains “valid” until September 12, not being within the scope of “any proceedings”.

the deputy mayor of LR Touquet, daniel fasquelle, judge that his order to “ensure safety on the beach” was only “partially disabled” by the decision of the State Council and “continue to apply”.

LR deputy mayor of Menton told AFP he kept his order, which applies until 31 August, and that the situation “extremely tense” in its border town with Italy “must be taken into account “.

the mayor of Eze, a small town in the Alpes-Maritimes, Stéphane Cherki (DVD) has decided to cancel the order” with respect of the State Council ” stating that no woman burkini had been verbalized in his commune.

“I may have been a little faster because, personally, I made this order to defend the freedom of women but we find that many people ask to be able to wear it, “he told AFP. “I will not restrict individual freedoms, otherwise we will end up taking a nude or other anti-breast stopped. And finally, it does not bother many people,” he said.

Mayor DVD Cagnano (Haute-Corse) Albert Mattei will withdraw the decree he had taken the day after that of Sisco.

on the Riviera coast, Antibes was the only large town to have no taken steps to ban. The deputy mayor LR, Jean Leonetti, close to Alain Juppe, had said that these orders were “easy to take but very difficult to implement”.

In this debate, the two leading candidates the primary right defended divergent lines, former President Nicolas Sarkozy calling for a ban of burkini while former Prime Minister Alain Juppe says opposed to “a law of circumstance”.


No comments:

Post a Comment