Friday, January 13, 2017

Nantes. A boy drowned in the bathtub after having been tortured – West-France

A boy of 8 years died from drowning in his bathtub Wednesday afternoon in Saint-Herblain (Loire-Atlantique). His mother and father-in-law have been detained in police custody. They are presented Friday evening to a judge to be indicted for murder of minors, torture and barbaric acts causing death.

Near the town of Nantes, Saint-Herblain, in the district of the Crémetterie, parents have called in to the rescue on Wednesday afternoon around 17: 15 to indicate that their child, a little boy of 8 years, was drowned in his bath. Very quickly, firefighters, and police had doubts about the nature of death.

handcuffs and clamps in plastic were discovered in the apartment. A survey to search for the cause of death has been opened by the prosecutor. Witnesses have been heard and reported having heard screams.

” Punishment of the bath “

The autopsy revealed that the child had died by drowning and there were traces of ties on the wrists and ankles. The father-in-law and the mother of the boy has been placed in police custody Wednesday night.

It emerged from the hearings, and of the different elements of investigation, that the child would have been subjected to acts of ill-treatment during the hours preceding his death. It would then have been immersed in the bathtub filled with cold water, feet and fists bound by cords. They were hidden in the apartment. They were found in a search by the police. In custody, the mother has spoke ” the punishment of the bath “, been ordered for a reason.

review required

This Friday evening, the prosecutor of Nantes requires their indictment for murder on a minor of fifteen years, acts of torture and barbarity leading to death, and acts of torture and barbarism usual. Their detention was required. A judge of freedoms and detention will decide later this evening.

Two other children in the family aged between 18 months and 3 years, were present in the apartment. The district attorney has been placed by the child welfare.

The family was unknown to social services. The little boy of eight years had come from the Ivory Coast to join her mother, in the month of August.


No comments:

Post a Comment