Less than a week after the spectacular abduction of Jacqueline Veyrac, a rich and discreet hospitality of the Côte d’azur at the age of 76, seven people are in the course of the presentation in front of judges from Nice to the outcome of their custody.
Abduction of Jacqueline Veyrac : the incredible scenario is accurate
The prosecutor of the Republic of Nice, Jean-Michel, Priest, is expected to announce during a press conference at 17: 00 the seizure of the magistrates, and the opening of a judicial inquiry for kidnapping and sequestration organised. It should also detail the degree of involvement of each of them, as established by the investigation.
The cast of the seven in question is unusual : among them, a restaurateur and Italian, a paparazzi and one ex-police officer.
Of suspects – very – diverse
In total, following the abduction last Monday of Jacqueline Veyrac, rich hotel in nice, aged 76 years, nine people had been, after his release accidental two days later, placed in custody in the premises of the judicial police of Nice.
- A conservator Italian, Giuseppe S. appears already as the sponsor of the alleged abduction. Installed to Nice, he had managed, between 2007 and 2009, the restaurant, The Reserve, on the edge of the sea of Nice, an establishment belonging to the family Veyrac. In 2009, his company had gone into liquidation and he would have, based on the evidence gathered by the investigators, designed a rancor tenacious with respect to its owner: the abduction, during which a ransom demand would be made, would have been for the purpose of recovering the money lost at the time.
- A former press photographer converted to the mills, Luke G., nicknamed Tintin, also in custody, is said to have played an operational role in the kidnapping by placing tags under the vehicle Jacqueline Veyrac so as to follow its movements. According to the newspaper Nice-Matin, the paparazzi had been sentenced in 2005 to four-month suspended prison sentence and a 3,000 euro fine for stolen shots of princess Caroline of Monaco in 1996.
- A former police officer-turned-detective, is also part of the people heard, which will be referred to the council. He would not have participated in the abduction, but he could have been running after, which could get him sued for non-denunciation of a crime or non-assistance to person in danger.
- The casting for the least motley also has a British, living in SDF under a tent on the promenade des Anglais. “It is a knowledge of Giuseppe” who would have been recruited to monitor the comings and goings of the rich hotel, says the source close to the investigation.
- On the other hand, Jouni T., head chef in Finnish, partner, Giuseppe S. to The Reserve, has been exonerated and released. This conductor, installed for a long time in the nice region, has been awarded a macaroon in the Michelin guide in 2006, whereas it was the kitchen of The Workshop of Taste, a restaurant mounted, already, with Giuseppe S., with whom he had remained in the relationship from.
- other updates in question show up as men at hand who would have participated directly in the kidnapping Jacqueline Veyrac, which had been perpetrated by three men, Monday noon, in the city centre of Nice.
Previous attempt in 2013
justice will also try to establish a connection with a previous attempt of abduction, in 2013 of the hotel, in similar circumstances, as Jacqueline Veyrac then had managed to outwit.
Removed Monday noon so she went to his parking lot , located behind his home in the Musicians district of Nice, Jacqueline Veyrac had been found 48 hours later, tied up on the rear floor of the utility vehicle that had been used for its removal.
An inhabitant of the hills of nice had noticed that one of the registration plates of a car parked near his home was slightly detached and opened up another plate. He had then spotted the kidnapped and had freed before giving the alert.
Jacqueline Veyrac, after having spent 48 hours lying and tied up with ropes in this vehicle, however had not suffered visible injuries and was immediately given valuable guidance to investigators on his captors. According to Me Sophie es jonquet, his lawyer, the hotel covers today his spirits in a secret location in the middle of his own.
other tracks had originally been considered by the courts, including that of a family dispute over the paternal inheritance, or a conflict related to a sale supposed of the Grand Hotel of Cannes, the jewel of the heritage of this family in nice, living in the utmost discretion.