The floor of Nice confirmed this Sunday the indictment of seven people within the framework of the investigation into the abduction of Jacqueline Veyrac.
Six people have been indicted for acts directly linked to the removal. A seventh person, a private detective who would have been informed of the kidnapping but would not have alerted the police, has been under investigation for “non-impediment of crime”.
Five individuals were placed in detention and another under judicial control. These six people are in danger any to life imprisonment because of the skills learned: kidnapping, forcible confinement, extortion and criminal association organised.
A well thought-out project several months in advance
During a press conference on Sunday, the public prosecutor of Nice, appeared to rule out the thesis of organized crime, while stressing that “the investigation was not yet complete” and that he “remained of the people to recover”.
The divisional commissioner of the police of Nice put into perspective the amateurish suspects. “We can’t talk about nickel plated feet. These people wanted to go to the end of their approach. It was a project thought for several months,” he said, adding that “some have admitted their involvement, others have denied the facts”.
READ more >> What we know about the kidnapping fantastic Jacqueline Veyrac
Rich owner of a palace five stars at Cannes, Jacqueline Veyrac had been kidnapped earlier this week in Nice, and then recovered 48 hours later, safe and sound, by a local resident.
The track of the former employee is accurate
the One who is the main sponsor presumed in the eyes of the investigators is a restaurateur and Italian native of Turin, Giuseppe S., who would have acted with vengeance.
Between 2007 and 2009, it had taken on lease The restaurant la Reserve in Nice, property of the family Veyrac, but the failure had been resounding, and the company placed into liquidation at the end of two years.
“Any reason to believe that it is the sponsor of this action,” said the divisional commissioner of the police of Nice at the press conference that was held this Sunday. “He had invested a lot of money to own. Due to poor business, he has lost a lot of money (…) He could feel a certain resentment”, he added.
“He would have had the intention of asking for a sizeable ransom to recover the money he had invested at the time, it was Jacqueline Veyrac responsible”, told AFP a source close to the investigation.
The prosecutor of the Republic of Nice, for his part, confirmed that there was this investigation “of the elements of psychological, relational”, considering that the investigations “will be critical to help explain how it is possible to come to ends the same.”
An ex-paparazzo and a detective private
A former newspaper photographer turned mills, Luke G., nicknamed Tintin, also brought before the justice, would have played an operational role in the kidnapping by placing tags under the vehicle of Ms. Veyrac to track its movements.
According to the daily newspaper Nice-Matin, the paparazzi had been sentenced in 2005 to four months in prison with suspended sentence and € 3,000 fine for stolen shots of princess Caroline of Monaco in 1996.
READ more >> the Kidnapping of Jacqueline Veyrac: “I saw someone moving in the car”
A former police officer-turned-detective, has been indicted on Sunday for “non-impediment of crime” . He would not have participated in the abduction, but could have been made aware after.
This casting to say the least, eclectic also includes a former member of the british special forces, living in a tent on the promenade des Anglais. “It is a knowledge of Giuseppe” who would have been recruited to monitor the comings and goings of the rich hotel, says the source close to the investigation.
The other put in question appear as men of hand that would have participated directly in the kidnapping of Mrs Veyrac Monday noon in the heart of Nice.