Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Attack at the Louvre: the state of health of the suspect degrades strongly – The Express

The custody was lifted in the early evening because of the inconsistency of the continuation of this measure with the health status of the respondent,” said a justice source.

The prosecutor’s office in Paris has opened a judicial investigation for attempted murder in relation with a terrorist enterprise and conspiracy to a terrorist criminal, specified the same source. “When his state of health will be declared compatible by the medical profession, it will be seen by the investigating judge,” for a review and then a possible remand in custody by another judge, added the source justice.

The man, badly wounded in the stomach by firing response of the military police during his attack on Friday in the gallery market, had begun to talk to investigators Monday at the hospital Georges-Pompidou in Paris, where he is being treated.

on the one hand, it gave credence to the hypothesis of the investigators on its identity, on which checks are still in progress, introducing himself as Abdullah El-Hamahmy, an Egyptian 29-year-old.

on the other hand, he delivered his version of the facts. He explained not having wanted to take it out on the military but have the intention to carry out an action strongly symbolic against France, in the degrading works of the museum with the bombs to painting found in his backpack, said a source close to the investigation.

A version that is totally contradictory with its arrival on the scene Friday morning, a machete in each hand, sinking towards the military patrol, shouting, “Allah Akbar“.

The surveillance footage shows that the man had come already, on the morning of 29 January, five days before his failed attack on the Carousel and then in the museum of the Louvre, gliding among a group of visitors, said a source close to the investigation, confirming information of le Figaro.

- No claim, at this stage,

The investigation continues on the past and motivations of this young man apparently without stories, and a graduate in law and commercial framework in a business in the united arab Emirates (uae). What is his story ‘Why is it made in Turkey in 2015 and 2016′ he acted alone or on the instructions ‘

It was legally entered as a tourist in France on January 26, from Dubai, before staying in a weekly rental close to the Champs-Elysées. According to a source close to the investigation, the apartment at the price of 1.700 euros had been booked online from the month of June, well before the tourist visa lodged end of October, under the name of Hamahmy and with the fingerprints of the suspect.

No claim has been made at this point for this attack, and no allegiance to a group jihadist was found during the search in the rented apartment in Paris. Investigators have, however, found on a Twitter account in his name tweets exalted, where it seems to lend its support to the group jihadist islamic State (EI).


No comments:

Post a Comment