The storming of the Louvre museum came out of his silence and has confirmed his identity : that of an Egyptian 29-year-old employee of a company of sustainable development in Dubai, answering to the name of Abdallah El-Hamahmy. During his time in custody at the hospital Georges Pompidou in Paris, the individual has categorically denied having wanted to commit an attack last Friday, after being attacked soldiers of the transaction Sentry to the machete.
The investigators are very careful with these first statements. According to TF1 and LCI, the Egyptian would have told the police of the Section anti-terrorist (SAT) of the major crime unit as its first goal was to label art works of the museum, in protest against the French intervention in Syria. He was indeed spray paint in his backpack.
Abdallah El-Hamahmy would have also explained to have acted alone, with no accomplice or sponsor, and never have pledged allegiance to the group islamic State. Investigators have, however, found on a Twitter account in his name tweets exalted, where it seems to lend its support to the group jihadist…
describing Himself as an ardent pacifist, he would not have bought the two machetes in a gun shop parisian that to defend. Proof that he did not want to kill him, according to him : he would not have sharpened the blades of the two weapons.
Attack of the Louvre : the profile disturbing to the attacker
A story contradictory that, for the time being, has hardly convinced the investigators… According to a source close to the investigation, the man has indeed descended the stairs of the Carrousel du Louvre with a machete in each hand, barreling towards the military patrol, shouting, “Allah Akbar”, the spray paint well rows at the bottom of the bag. His police custody could last until Wednesday evening but was halted Tuesday night because of the degradation of his state of health.
“The custody was lifted in the early evening because of the inconsistency of the continuation of this measure with the health status of the respondent,” said a justice source in the AFP.
Badly wounded in the stomach by firing response of the military police during his attack on Friday, the suspect was in the first time remained silent in the face of the questions of the investigators who came to interrogate him twice to the hospital.
also, the cctv footage showed that the man had come already, on the morning of Sunday 29 January, five days before his failed attack on the Carousel and then in the museum of the Louvre, gliding among a group of visitors, said a source close to the investigation, confirming information of the “Figaro”.
The investigation continues on the past and motivations of this young man apparently without stories, and a graduate in law and commercial framework in a business in the united arab Emirates (uae). What is his story ? Why is it made in Turkey in 2015 and 2016 ? He acted alone or on the instructions ?
It was legally entered as a tourist in France on January 26, from Dubai, before staying in a weekly rental close to the Champs-Elysées. According to a source close to the investigation, the apartment at the price of 1.700 euros had been booked online from the month of June, well before the tourist visa lodged end of October, under the name of Hamahmy and with the fingerprints of the suspect.