After five days of air quality to be very poor, the prefecture of police of Paris has implemented the alternating circulation, Tuesday, December 6, in the paris region.
World | • updated | By
After several days of dilly-dallying, the prefecture of police of Paris has decided to put in place the alternating circulation Tuesday, December 6, in the paris region. A decision taken because Airparif, the observatory of associations of the air quality in the Ile-de-France, provides an index of 8 out of 10, which corresponds to an air quality “poor” with a concentration of 60 to 75 µg/m3.
The principle is simple : light-duty vehicles (cars, scooters and motorbikes) to be transferred in odd-numbered circulate on odd-numbered days, the vehicle pairs the days peers. Tuesday, December 6, only vehicles that peers will be able to ride – a first.
In which municipalities apply the measure ?
The alternating circulation is set up in Paris, and twenty-two communes of the Ile-de-France :
- In the Hauts-de-Seine : Montrouge, Malakoff, Vanves, Issy-les-Moulineaux, Boulogne-Billancourt, Neuilly-sur-Seine, Levallois-Perret, Clichy, france.
- In Seine-Saint-Denis : Saint-Ouen, Pantin, Le Pré-Saint-Gervais, Les Lilas, Bagnolet, Montreuil, Aubervilliers, Saint-Denis.
- In the Val-de-Marne, france : Vincennes, Saint-Mandé, Charenton-le-Pont, Ivry-sur-Seine, Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, Gentilly.
How to do that if it is forbidden to circulate ?
to compensate For the prohibition to some of roll on Tuesday, and more generally to encourage people to not take their cars, the mayor of Paris has put in place a series of measures :
- residential parking free,
- free parking for vehicles banned from circulation (so the plates in odd-numbered Tuesdays),
- One hour of Autolib' free to tickets a day (measurement valid as of this weekend),
- ticket one day Velib free (within the limit of 30 minutes of movement)
- public transport (metro, bus, tram, RER) are free in the area and for the entire period in question.
What other steps have been taken ?
The prefecture is expected to deploy additional staff – thousand police officers in march 2015 in a similar position – to enforce the restrictions. Any offence is liable to a contravention of the second class, a fine of 22 euros if it is resolved immediately, and 35 euros thereafter. A motorist recalcitrant may have their vehicle immobilized or impounded. Engineering controls and pollution will be performed.
The prefecture is also at the disposal of the ile-de-france a number (azur) intelligence, as early as 6 o’clock in the morning, Tuesday, December 6 : 0811 000 675.
in Addition to the alternating circulation, other emergency measures are put in place : bypass compulsory in the greater paris area by heavy goods vehicles in transit, the mandatory reduction of the maximum speed of 20 km/h on the roads of île-de-france, the obligation to use methods of cleaner production for some industrial, prohibition of burning, recommendation to the judgment of the fertilizer is applied by spraying.
Which vehicles are not affected ?
exemptions exist for certain vehicles that have a registration odd-numbered Tuesday. Will be able to move :
- the vehicles are considered “clean” (electric, hybrid, gas-powered) and cars carrying at least three people (the road users are encouraged to carpooling),
- the vehicles providing public service missions : fire and rescue, law enforcement, transportation, health-related, people with disabilities, medications, transportation, funeral, etc,
- loaded vehicles of the populations : food, refrigerated trucks, tank trucks,
- buses and transit vehicles, taxis, private cars with driver, vehicle driving school,
- the vehicles and construction equipment, troubleshooting, moving, cleaning, dumpsters, garbage, cash-in-transit, logs, postage, etc,
- vehicles of the professionals in some cases : the representatives of trade may, for example, use their car – irrespective of its registration – to go to work,
- pick-up trucks and vans weighing less than 3.5 tonnes,
- the vehicles registered abroad,
- the vehicles with the sticker Crit’air class 1 to 5.